Back in February Matt and I had the pleasure of graphing and facilitating a P.A.T.H. for a young lady who was preparing for her NDIS plan review. Over the first year of her plan, she and her mother carefully cultivated a team of 8 support workers affectionately referred to as Team Kate. They, along with Kate’s mum Heather and Kate’s companion dog, Koopa, are the backbone to Kate’s life. It was only fitting that they attend the P.A.T.H. Plan on the day so they could have their say and brainstorm ideas and goals for Kate to decide, going forward.
Kate’s mother had called us to ask if the cost of a P.A.T.H. Plan could be paid out of Kate’s NDIS plan and we said, “Yes!”. So, we made a date, travelled to Kate’s home and facilitated the P.A.T.H. The session was lively, challenging at times, but overall created a visual ‘roadmap’ for Kate, with her new goals and ideas in mind. It was custom made for Kate. And she and her mother used the Plan during her yearly review meeting.
That’s the beauty of P.A.T.H. It is unique. No two P.A.T.H’s are the same. We take your ideas, your dreams and the goals you have set forth and we design a one-of-a-kind plan for you. We have had the pleasure of facilitating hundreds of P.A.T.H’s over the years. Some P.A.T.H. plans are completed with a single person in attendance while some plans have large numbers of family, friends or colleagues. It’s your choice!
What to expect from P.AT.H. planning
- Increased choice and control of one’s life
- Honouring the ‘voice’ of the Pathfinder
- Building and strengthening relationships
- Clarity around a person’s vision of a good life in their community
- Everyone’s opinion is heard and valued
How to Prepare
- Gather people that know the Pathfinder well, invite them to the session
- Think about what constitutes a ‘good life’ for the Pathfinder
- Focus on the Positive and Possible outcomes
- Remember, there is no right or wrong. This is a creative and supportive environment that puts the Pathfinder at the centre of it all
Many people wonder if they can use their NDIS funding to pay for a P.A.T.H. Plan. The answer is yes, you can use your Capacity Building support budget to have a P.A.T.H. completed and tailored towards your goals.
If you are preparing for a review or just want to use this fantastic tool to map out your future, give us a call. Or you can learn more about P.A.T.H. planning on our website.
P.A.T.H. is our passion!