What is Financial Plan Management?
This is where a service like ours processes invoices through the NDIA portal and pays the invoices to the service providers on your behalf. It is a nice mix of flexibility that you would get being self managed, without having to do all the work yourself.
How does Financial Plan Management work?
P2P is an established NDIA registered plan manager. We employ people with bookkeeping and accounting qualifications. We have been working as a host provider for a number of years, working with families and people with disabilities. We listen and try and help you with ideas when you want to use NDIS funds for innovative ideas
Why choose P2P as your Financial Plan Manager?
- Independent, run by members of our Association, people just like you, who have been fighting for the NDIS and other advancements for people with a disability and their families for over 20 years
- Experienced – with 15 years managing state-based self-directed funding
- Collaborative and Innovate – let’s think outside the box together to make the most of your funds
- Supportive – while there are things we are restricted from doing, when people are in trouble, we dig deep to make sure you are connected and back up and running
- More than just the NDIS – for our work to continue to develop opportunities beyond the NDIS, we need your support. Choose P2P if you want your invoices paid, and to contribute to better outcomes for our people and communities
What can a Plan Manager do and not do?
- Financial Plan Managers can process invoices from any service provider (not just NDIA registered service providers) provided they fall into the NDIA categories the Plan Manager has been nominated to manage.
- They cannot provide financial advice.
- Financial Plan Managers can check invoices meet NDIA requirements.
- Financial Plan Managers cannot check the accuracy of invoices in terms of the service provided, for example, the number of hours a service was used for. We work with participants and providers to get approval prior to processing
- If an invoice does not match any categories on your plan we will advise you of this, however, the Financial Plan Manager cannot assist you with a plan amendment. We can help you to contact your support coordinator or Local Area Coordinator (LAC) or planner to get assistance.
What happens if my funds run out? Can I get more funding if I need it?
You should always get agreement on budgets with your service providers. Your Support Coordinator or Local Area Coordinator should be helping you with this.
If your circumstances have changed, we can assist you to contact the NDIA, your support coordinator or your local LAC. An example of this is where the primary carer is no longer able to look after the person either temporarily or permanently.
Funding for Financial Plan Management and Support Coordination is paid by the NDIS on top of your funding. You need to ask for it at your NDIS planning meeting.
Call us today on 1800 777 723 to book your pre-planning session.
Download our factsheets for more information: