In July 2014 a group of interested self-advocates came together to consider forming a self-advocacy group. That group is Loud and Clear Qld.
The group are supported by P2P and Spiral.
- P2P is a member of Inclusion Australia.
- Our Voice is a group of self-advocates supported by the members of Inclusion Australia
- A member of Loud and Clear is elected to represent Qld on Our Voice.
Mission: To learn to be a self-advocate and be a positive role model.
- They have contributed to:
- Our Voice
- Having a Say
- Melbourne – World Congress
- Round Table
- NADIA testing
- NDS – Staying Safe Forums.
If you are interested in finding out if Loud and Clear is something you would be interested in, you can ask for the Expression of Interest form. Email email@example.com
The Having a Say conference is a highlight for members of Loud and Clear. Due to Covid, the conference was cancelled in 2020. In February 2021, they realised that they would not be able to travel to Geelong for that year’s conference.
The first Loud and Clear Qld Conference was held at the Alexandra Headland Surf Life Saving Club in October 2021. You can read all about that here.
The 2022 Loud and Clear Qld Conference happened recently. It was a huge success.
You can read Payge and Drew’s report and see all the photos here.