There has been a lot of media attention given to people ‘panic buying’ supplies in preparation for self-isolation or quarantine. You might be confused or asking yourself “What do I need?”.
We’ve outlined for you some of the items households might need, and other useful information.
Things to mention and stock up on:
- Toilet paper
- Hand sanitiser
- Remind them that you need extra normally as you have support workers in your home
- If you are taking a support person, take your companion card.
Home delivery – delivery charges are available through NDIS plans. Some areas home delivery will not have all stock. Some areas are suspending home delivery – click on the ‘help’ button on the store website to chat with a representative and they can arrange for delivery. Woolies also have a Priority Assistance Request Form that you can complete online to ensure you are able to access home delivery.
Food – prepared meals and delivery – use core – it’s not in line with current guidelines of stated support, but that was before a pandemic.
- Telehealth is available – so GP visits can be made via Zoom
- Your chemist or Chemist Warehouse can keep scripts on file and prepare them and send out
- Stock up on medications, but PBS supplements at this stage only go 21 days.
- Local pharmacists suggest current shortage of some medications not actually due to COVID-19, however there will start to be an impact on supplies from it.
We’ll continue to share information with you via our Facebook page, or newsletter where appropriate. Of course, you are always welcome to contact your Support Coordinator or our office if you have any concerns.
There are also two more blog posts which have further information for you: