Your Life Your Choice (YLYC)
What is Your Life Your Choice (YLYC)?
Your Life Your Choice (YLYC) is a QLD initiative, designed so people with a disability or their carer can self-direct their allocated funding.
This gives the person with a disability and their family or carer choice and control over what is most important for the person’s care, and how their support needs should be met.
P2P can work with individuals, families and communities to plan the reasonable and necessary supports that can be purchased with this funding.
Am I eligible?
We are an endorsed YLYC Host Provider, so if you receive individual funding or post-school packages from the Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services, contact us on 1800 777 723 to find out if we can help you!
YLYC/Self-Directed Funding Options
P2P offers two self-directed funding options for people with a disability and their families. A 3% and 5% option.
Both options include:
- There is a $200 establishment fee. Which is a one-off charge per person for first funding package and $50 for subsequent packages*.
- P2P receives your funding from the Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services (Disability Services) on your behalf.
- P2P is responsible for all of the Departments reporting requirements.
- The person/family receive an initial plan and budget.
- 1 hour of contact per month for advice about purchases and budgets.
* P2P reserves the right to negotiate any increases in administration fees should the need arise.
- P2P transfers the funds to you monthly into a nominated separate bank account.
- You pay invoices relevant to your plan and provide the invoices and/or receipts to P2P for reporting and auditing purposes.
- P2P pays all expenses connected to the individual’s funding and plan – either directly to suppliers or via reimbursements when receipts are provided.
We do not include:
- Staff – recruiting, training or managing staff on your behalf. P2P is not a direct support service provider and does not employ support workers, consequently, we are unable to assist in the provision or management of staff.
- Insurances – you will need to arrange and pay for all the necessary insurances and adhere to all of the conditions outlined in the Award when paying staff.
Additional Services available:
These services can be deducted from your YLYC funding or added on top of your NDIS plan.